Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Failure of a blogger

So, yeah...It's pretty apparent how terrible I am at keeping up with this. I'm probably the world's worst when it comes to consistency, which is quite problematic in the world parenthood. In my defense, Chase is freaking exhausting. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this kid doesn't stop. Like literally doesn't stop. And sleep. Don't even get me started on sleep. UGHHHHHHH!

Anywho, I'm not going to complain. Chase is insanely awesome and while he never stops going, it's just an indication that he never stops learning. Watching your kid figure things out is the most amazing thing a parent can watch. Something as simple as putting his shoes on (a newfound enjoyment of his, that obviously still requires my help) to putting a lid back on a pot/pan/bottle/etc. I encourage independence and let him do as many things for himself as possible. He has his own laundry basket in the laundry room to put his clothes in (work in progress), he has a little fork that looks like grown up flatware (thanks Mama B!!), he helps clean his toys up (yet another work in progress), and he really likes drinking out of a cup versus a sippy (he's finally figuring out how to not dump the entire thing all over).

A couple months ago, I started this thing called 30 days of play. I basically come up with activities for Chase to do daily. They don't have to be anything crazy or super intense. Just something small for him to do to break up the monotony of the day. Let's just say that I made it to day three. Sad, right? I want to home school him, but I'm seriously having doubts about home schooling when I can't even do one freaking activity a day. JUST. ONE. THING. It's not that hard! Obviously I'm doing it to help him, but he could really care less most of the time. I'm more or less doing it for myself; to get myself into the habit of planning things. I don't want to necessarily say lesson planning, but for lack of a better description...I'll go with that. A happy medium between unschooling (I really just like that word. I'll talk about my thoughts on that hippy dippy stuff later) and schooling.

Why am I telling you about this? Great question. You don't care, I know, I know. My plan *GOAL* is to blog about our daily activities. The blog update isn't going to happen daily, but the activities will. Hopefully. Probably not. I suck. Let's face it.

I'm going to try. I promise. TRY. I'll also post pics to Instagram for proof. I can not tell a lie.

Today's activity (Day 1):
Red, blue, and green food colored water painting with Q-tips and cotton balls. This actually turned into me dragging his baby tub out and filling it with water. He loves water, so this was a good activity for him. We actually sat outside for a while playing in the water and he flipped his sh...lid when it was time to come in for dinner. Needless to say, we went back out after dinner. Our neighbors probably think we're crazy; I was spraying him down with the water hose - and he was naked. Pshhhh, he had a blast. And that is really all I care about.

Day 2:
I've already set this up for tomorrow, so I can't possibly fail!
I've got a big tray with 4 plastic cups in it. In said cups: black eyed peas, ducky pasta shapes, elbow pasta, and lentils. I feel the need to specify that these are all uncooked. I would think that you would assume that, but you never know. I also have measuring cups, a giant fork/spoon, mini silicone cupcake liners, and a spatula with it. My prediction is that he'll just dump everything out onto the ground and then run into the yard to play in the dirt. I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to be correct, but we'll see.

This will probably be my last blog for another 4 months. Haha! Seriously. I suck.





No comments:

Post a Comment